Why purchase an Umbrella policy?
A personal umbrella policy supplements the basic personal liability coverage provided under the homeowner’s, automobile and watercraft policies in order to protect your assets such as your home equity, investments and retirement savings, and your family’s future income. Everyone is at risk for a liability lawsuit, which is why we discuss this coverage with every client.
Features of an Umbrella policy:
This policy protects you from large losses by providing excess liability coverage above your property, automobile and watercraft liability limits.
- It is sold in million dollar increments starting at $1 million and above.
- It provides coverage for legal defense cost outside of your limit of liability.
Optional Umbrella Coverage:
- Employer’s and Employment Practices Liability
- Coverage for domestic workers
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist
- Directors & Officer’s coverage (volunteer positions on non-profit organization boards)
- Personal Injury
- Worldwide Coverage